How dont show "This field can be seen by: Everyone Change" in register page

hi,
I`d like dont show the text:
"This field can be seen by: Everyone Change"
located in the register page, under each profile field.
I thought I can do going to DASHBOARD=>USERS=>PROFILE FIELDS
Here, for a new field, there the following two option in VISIBILITY SECTION:
1) Allow members to override
2) Enforce field visibility
I dont underatand very well what mean each of them...
So I have done a test, and I have selected the option 1 and with another test I have selected the option 2, but I have seen no changes in my register page...
In addiition, when I edit the default field (NAME) created by default from buddypress (this field cant be deleted...), there is not the VISIBILITY SECTION, so there is not the two previously option.
In conclusion, I ask for two question:
QUESTION 1
What I need to do for dont show the following text in register page?
"This field can be seen by: Everyone Change"
(both in field created by me and in the default NAME field)
Maybe I need use CSS? If it is so, can you provide it?

QUESTION 2
What mean the two option showed in VISIBILITY SECTION? what is their function?

Please, let me know.
Thanks for your support

• Dimitris

Hey there Francesc Prada,

hope you're doing good and thanks for asking us! :slight_smile:

QUESTION 1
    What I need to do for dont show the following text in register page?

You can use the following CSS snippet either in your theme options page, if it provides a custom CSS section, or via a child theme or a 3rd party plugin like this.

.field-visibility-settings-toggle,
    .field-visibility-settings {
      display: none;
    }

QUESTION 2
    What mean the two option showed in VISIBILITY SECTION? what is their function?

Here's a small article explaining these settings. https://wptavern.com/how-to-change-buddypress-profile-field-visibility-settings

In short, "Visibility" setting is to control which users will be able to see this profile field of other users. These options are: everyone, only me, all members, all friends.
    If "Enforce field visibility" is selected then this "Visibility" setting can't be changed from each user but if "Allow members to override" is selected instead, then each member can change the level of restriction for this profile fields in registration form and after signing up, in their edit profile page.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here is more assistance is required! :slight_smile:
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Francesc Prada,

The CSS provided from you runs well. But when I enter in the register page the text under the fields is showed during 0,5 seconds and after it disapear.
    What mean that? It is due to a no estable code?
    Can I resolve that? Or there is no solution?

This should be happening due to the way your theme serves styles and scripts, and how you used this CSS snippet.
    About the later, which way did you use to embed the custom CSS?
    If you selected the theme options way of your theme, then you may have to contact theme author about it, as you will need to load this a bit earlier on page load.

Could you also grant us access in your site to see that in action? You can do so via our "WPMUDEV Dashboard" plugin, more details can be found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris