How edit/style MarketPress pages?

I apologize if this is dealt with somewhere & I just haven’t found it…

I’d like to know if it’s possible to edit/style the various MarketPress pages (checkout etc.) without losing my changes when there’s a plugin update. I have MarketPress installed and it’s working great, but those pages look rather unformatted, no matter what built-in theme I use. I’m talking about the pages from checkout thru to order completion, the order tracking page and even the shopping cart widget.

Maybe I’m just not seeing the woods for the trees?

Something else I’d like to know is whether I could change all instances of “Tax” or “Taxes” to “VAT”? I suppose I might have to do a translation to achieve that?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Sure, that’s relatively simple. You’ll wanna start off with a child theme to make sure you don’t lose your changes:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Then, take a look at the /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt which contains a bunch of information about how you can go about creating customised templates for MarketPress pages.

As for replacing text, the best way to do that is by providing a slightly different translation:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.