How Far Ahead Can The Upcoming Events Widget Display?

Hi All, I hope this isn't just something easy I have missed, but I have an issue where upcoming events that happen in the far future, say 3 months, are not making it to the Upcoming Events widget.

I did a bit of trouble shooting and day by day changed the start date closer today's date, and strangely enough, when I got with 36 day of the current date, it showed up! Seems super arbitrary to me.

Is there a date range which the widget is set to? Is there a way to change it?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jeff_beyer,

Thank you for the great question.

The Upcoming Events widget will, by default, look ahead 5 weeks for your upcoming events and show them. If you feel that that's too short time period, you can override this via the "EAB_COLLECTION_UPCOMING_WEEKS_COUNT" define which will, if present, dictate how many weeks to look ahead. To increase the lookahead time to, say, 7 weeks, you can, for an example, add something like this to your wp-config.php:

define('EAB_COLLECTION_UPCOMING_WEEKS_COUNT', 7);

That should do the job for us. Let me know.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jeff_beyer,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.