How good is the review functionality of your Directory plugin?

Hi there

I need a directory plugin with really good review functionality. I like the look and feel of your Directory plugin, but can it do the following:

1. Display the overall star rating in the category listing view (not just in the item itself)
2. Generate dynamic top tens for each category and sub-category for use elsewhere - on the Home page for example
3. Allow some categories to have multiple star ratings, eg Overall, Ease of use, and Value for money
4. Display a star rating distribution showing how many people rated the item 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars etc - in the way Amazon does

If this functionality doesn't currently exist would you be interested in developing it with me so I can buy your plugin?

Thanks for your help.

Warm wishes
Robert

• aecnu

Greetings Robert,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great questions and it indeed does not do all that you asked.

If this functionality doesn't currently exist would you be interested in developing it with me so I can buy your plugin?

I can submit the items you had mentioned as a feature request which then it goes to the developer team to decide if the item or items will be developed.

The plugin itself is GPL.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Robert

Thanks Joe

I'm new to WPMU DEV so please forgive the question, but how does this feature request process work? How long does it take? Will I get to find out if these features are going to be developed and when?

Also, from your knowledge of such things, how easy/ difficult would it be for me to get this plugin changed in the way I want? What would be the best way of going about that? What might it cost?

Thanks again, Robert

• aecnu

Greetings Robert,

Thank you for the great additional questions.

I'm new to WPMU DEV so please forgive the question, but how does this feature request process work?

It works with slight variations to this protocol - we submit the feature request, developer team reviews all requests and decides which to develop, usually by popularity though any of these conditions may be circumvented depending on the request of course.

The lead developer may indeed incorporate it without the entire review process or it may get the kill even after the review once again dependent upon the request itself.

How long does it take?

This I cannot give an answer to - and a specific item may never be developed at all.

Then if it is chosen it could takes days or months depending on the request and its difficulty level to develop.

Will I get to find out if these features are going to be developed and when?

Actually at this moment there is no mechanism to provide this information unless the lead developer publicly discloses this information - and I do not even know but some items we do get the heads up on.

Also, from your knowledge of such things, how easy/ difficult would it be for me to get this plugin changed in the way I want? What would be the best way of going about that? What might it cost?

Not being a coder myself has me at a severe disadvantage for making an assessment of this type. However, I would hit the wpmu jobs board and see what kind of bids I could get.

But be very specific and detailed about what you want done :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.