How I lost control over all of my sites: 1) I am using

How I lost control over all of my sites:
1) I am using WHMCS + WP MU. Also for WHMCS I am using a module that gives me free trial functionality. So WHMCS rules trial.
2) In ProSites there is also trial functionality. I decided to let it activated (at the same amount of days as setted in the WHMCS trials-module). Why? For the message that you have N-days before your trial period ended.
3) So everything was OK before I was asked by on of my clients - "I paid the invoice, what else I should to unsuspend the sub-site?" It was strange: WHMCS says that everything is OK, we get the money, the sub-site is active already, WP-module got OK in the logs (in WHMCS logs and in ProSites per site logs).

4) After some testes and brain storm I discovered that when the trial period or ProSites ended - ProSites deleted the Pro status. So the sub-site had no any level - only level with id "0". That is why WHMCS could not do anything really. When I gave the sub-site a level - WHMCS now can change levels and control is back.

So... Could you pls do any of these things pls:
- improve the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin to let WHMCS work even the sub-site has "0" level (no Pro status)?
- write a small plugin for me that gives that nice message about how many days you have of your free trial? (the plugin should show the message only at the special free trial level and watch the sub-site creation date to show days left)

P.S.- now I just disabled free trials functionality in ProSites and edited all my sub-sites manually, site by site...so now it is undercontrol but without the nice message.
P.S.S.- I am not authorised to give access to our WP or WHMCS, sorry.

Regards, Eugene.

• Michelle Shull

Hi Eugene!

Just to make sure I understand you, you've got control of your sites now, correct? You were able to do that after disabling the Pro Sites free trials?

So... Could you pls do any of these things pls:
    - improve the "WHMCS MU Provisioning" plugin to let WHMCS work even the sub-site has "0" level (no Pro status)?

I can totally add a feature request for this!

- write a small plugin for me that gives that nice message about how many days you have of your free trial? (the plugin should show the message only at the special free trial level and watch the sub-site creation date to show days left)

I think I may be confused here, Eugene. ProSites' free trial includes this message, which you can edit in ProSites>Settings. Are you wanting us to write a plugin to modify the third party plugin that provides free trials to WHMCS?

Thanks, Eugene

• Eugene

> you've got control of your sites now, correct?
    Yes, thank you.

> You were able to do that after disabling the Pro Sites free trials?
    Disabling the Pro Sites free trials is the must for new (future) sites. Or they will be taken out of the WHMCS control.

> Are you wanting us to write a plugin to modify the third party plugin that provides free trials to WHMCS?
    No :slight_smile: I would like to have the plugin for WP (not WHMCS) that only shows the message under certain conditions. I can not use ProSites trial functionality if use WHMCS provisioning due to losing control over sites.

• Eugene

Pls, forget about the WHMCS module which gives me free trials functionality. It works only with WHMCS - no straight contact with WP. This module orders WHMCS, not WP. The WHMCS orders WP. It looks like: The Free trial module -> WHMCS -> WHMCS module for WP provisioning -> WP -> WP plugin for provisioning -> ProSites -> ProSites module for free trials.

The problem is that the ProSites module for free trials deletes the Pro status - sets "0" level - that is why WHMCS loses control over sub-sites levels. WHMCS can not change the level from "0". It thinks it could (and shows that everything is OK) but it is not able to do this. WHMCS can change all levels (from any level except "0" to any another level except "0"). Level with id = "0" is like a road block, black hole, no way from it for WHMCS - only manually at/by ProSites per sub-site functionality.

Hope I explain well :slight_smile:

@Jose, could you take a look when have free time pls?

Regards, Eugene.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.