If you’re like me, and you find yourself trolling up and down these forums daily, or even weekly, it’s a little overwhelming.
At any given moment, you may be participating in 5 or 10 or 15 different threads/topics, and no doubt waiting anxiously for someone (maybe James or one of the developers) to get back to you.
Short of making a list of each thread and neurotically checking each one manually (which I’ve done), there’s an easier way.
Here’s how I do it:
1. Create your forum thread (or reply to an existing one) that you want to keep track of
2. Use the Favorite Posts link over on the right sidebar. Mark every thread you want to keep track of as a “favorite.”
3. Go to the “my favorites” page — here’s the link:
4. On the “my favorites” page, grab the RSS feed. The easiest way to find it is to look for the RSS icon in the Firefox address bar at the top — here’s the link:
5. Save the RSS feed in Firefox Live Bookmarks. This should put a link in your “Bookmarks Toolbar” at the top.
6. Tadaa! You can now see at a glance if/when people have responded to your forum posts.