How is 'Global Cart' supposed to work?

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how to set up the global cart..

I have a multisite with global cart. I added one product on the main-store, and one product to the sub-store. First I add the main-store product to the cart - then the other, and goes to checkout from there (sub-store). In the sub-store checkout I have ability to add coupons from sub-store to the basket.. Coupons from main-store is not valid..
If I then go back to main-store and enter the checkout, the coupons from sub-store is gone and I am able to add coupons from main-store but not from the sub-store..

hmmm...

I have not tested to actually do the payment in both these cases, but I wonder..

Anyone?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @espsjurs

I hope you are well today.

With the Global Cart, you can checkout from any store within the network, with products from that store in your basket, so you could purchase something from the main cart and then the sub store cart and then you can checkout from the sub store cart and pay.

But with coupons only coupons from that store will apply to the items from that store, if that makes sense?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• espsjurs
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi again @Jack Kitterhing

You wrote

But with coupons only coupons from that store will apply to the items from that store, if that makes sense?

I had to test this:
    If I add two items, one from each store and both for the amout of $100 + $1 in shipping, total of $201. Then I add a coupon from main-store valued 150$, then the total is $51!!

Who will get the money?

(This test is done on MP 2.8.8 on WP 3.6)

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @espsjurs

Thank you for the additional information, sorry about that, I've just tested your correct, the coupon comes off the total order, though I can't see how this money is evenly distributed, across the vendors, I'm going to include @Aaron here for some clarification :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey sorry for the delay, wasn't quite flagged on this one properly.

While coupons are valid and stored per site, it seems that the problem is with the display of the discount which combines them, not the actual amounts sent to paypal. It will reflect the totals properly per store in the api request. Though if that makes it less than zero for a store I think it might error the cart. Never tried.

Honestly I'm about done with this parallel payments thing. We'll be switching over fully to an Etsy like checkout where they have to checkout for each store individually from the same cart summary page.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.