How is the safest way to clear cache ?

Please help me!!! :slight_smile: Thanks already!!

I have a site that is not working properly. in fact it is a mess.
I do think it has to make with some child theme and conflicts between plugins and themes. I have to delete and again include some.

My questions is : how to make sure all deleted content is really gone? I want to be sure it is now clean. I am trying to bring myh site back but it is really confusing now. It does not work properly.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks!!!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Helena! :slight_smile:

I do think it has to make with some child theme and conflicts between plugins and themes. I have to delete and again include some.

Here, it sounds like you're looking to delete the site, and then re-install, yet:

I am trying to bring myh site back but it is really confusing now. It does not work properly.

It sounds like you've already deleted and re-installed WordPress here. Could you clarify what's going on here? Also, how are things not working properly?

My questions is : how to make sure all deleted content is really gone?

When I've done an uninstallation of WordPress in the past, I've gone in via FTP and made sure that everything inside the folder for the WordPress install was deleted (e.g. wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes), as there can be things left over (e.g. there can still be plugins inside the /wp-content/plugins folder).

Please advise,
    Michael

• mpress

Thanks Michael!
    No, I have not yet unistalled WP :slight_smile:
    By Joomla I had the option to clear cache within the site. It was I think an option by the maintenance. But I can not find something like this by WP.

here a copy from what I have posted by the theme's forum:

1- I have worked with a child theme named (klant) and got the first problem (string translations not being saved). not being able to know what exactly the problem was I went to nr 2…
    2- Created a new child theme named (klant0502), changed functions.php and style.css as needed to get the theme the way I wanted.
    When I thought it was running smooth I got some issues about setting homepage using Appearence – customize, there everything was said as saved. But after refreshing it I could see nothing was saved. I thought that I did something wrong and went to the backend to change there the static page I wanted. Then I got the above message (from post 15:29).
    Just because I wanted to have it done so fast as possible I have tried one and another but no success.
    What I saw when I tried to customise it:
    While it said I was doing the theme (klant0502) from the backend, the page with the customization at the left side above said I was by the first child (klant).
    3 – In order to minimize the change to get the wrong child theme I deleted the first child theme (klant), still the same problem and still at the customise page it was said that it was the first child theme and stating that it was saved but in fact no changes.

4- I am going to create another child and start it over again :slight_frown:

Does anyone knows if Customizr works good in combination with Polylang and Page builder site origin plugin….
    It looks like this is not the best combi…

What can I do to be sure cache is clear and start again?

Thanks for all help. I am just starting and I am not that technical. But do want to use Customizr. It is a great theme.

I have now only the default themes from WP. Will install Customizr again, but want to be sure not a shadow from the past installation is left behind :wink:

• mpress

"the above message from 15:29 was":

I am getting now another issue.
    For one or another reason I have changed my home (static) page.
    Now I want to bring the old page back – the one I was using before –
    By the settings at the backend:
    I am getting a message that says that a static page needs to be written in all languages. I do have a third language I am still not using it (it will be used later). And I am sure I have used this homepage before and that it was written only in 2 of the 3 languages…
    By the Apprearence – customise I see it has changed the way I want but after saving and refreshing I see no changes.

How to solve it?
    I donot want to have any pages in my 3rd language now because if I do so it will be showing 3 language flags and I want only the first 2 to be shown.
    Thanks again!

I am using WP + Polylang + Customizr theme.
    And it looks like the these 3 doesnot work in a good way with Page builder from origin. Maybe yes, I am not sure.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Helena,

My apologies for the delay on this thread.

If you are going to make changes to your database you should create backup first, this way you can revert changes if anything goes wrong.
    You can read more about database backup here:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database

As for the cleaning up, there are number of plugins that will do that for you but I suggest going through this article before you start doing changes:
    http://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/cleaning-up-your-wordpress-database-to-optimize-your-websites-performance

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.