How is unit completion tracked?

I've noticed that for test accounts, if a unit page is viewed, it is marked complete. That's not terribly useful for the user, as someone could just click through quickly to preview the materials, and now they're showing complete on a bunch of lessons and have no idea where to start - is there a way to make it so the user has to click "next" or "save progress & exit" before tracking that unit/page as complete?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jesper Luth, Michael here! :slight_smile:

That'd be something requiring custom development, though I can see where that'd be a good feature to have available, let me get this moved over to the Features & Feedback section here.

Out of the box, when it comes to limiting progression through units, that's where having mandatory assessments, and having options like these enabled for a unit would help:

- User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit
    - User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jesper Luth, my apologies for the delay here!

Hmm... with that in mind (and making the question required, I'll explain why in a moment), here's what we can do.

With making sure that the options I mentioned earlier are checked:

- User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit
    - User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments

And that a "Single Choice" question is being used, with these options checked:

- Mandatory Answer
    - Assessable

(the "Limit Attempts" option should be unchecked)

Then we've got something that'd work for a course unit with a single page. If the user marks it as "No", it won't take him to the next unit, he'll need to revisit the earlier unit, click on the "Submit a different answer" option for the question, and select "Yes".

The reason we're making it a mandatory and an assessable answer is tied to the need for the "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments" option. If these options aren't checked, then a student could answer your "mark complete" question with any answer, and still proceed to the next unit.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.