How long does it take for Google Calendar to Sync up with A+

I have made a test appt. to my site. I have waited over 1 hour and it still hasn't showed up on my Google Calendar.

I set up the Google Cal integration API and tested the connection and it worked perfect... but now for the real test.. and it is stalled. ?

Why ?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

you should create a new calendar in google to use, it sounds like you are using your default google calendar. this isn't advisable, it has nothing to do with the plugin, it's google, the primary default calendar can take 2 or 3 days to sync unfortunately, but if you create a new calendar and use that, then it should sync pretty much instantly or within 10 mins.

step 15 in the instructions says

Create a new Calendar by selecting "my Calendars > Create new calendar" on left side pane. Try NOT to use your primary calendar. If you have to, please see this post: Forum

hope this helps.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Vaughan - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @josh_eberly

Could you please screenpost all the settings in your A+ 'Google Calendar' tab

I'm not around for the rest of the week but to try and assist could you please confirm the following:-

Assuming you only want to use a single Google Calendar for all your Service Providers could you confirm if you have set the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' field to 'Yes' or 'No'.

If it is set to 'Yes' could you change to 'No' then Save.

Then try making another appointment.

To confirm the maximum time it should take to update your Google calendar is 15 minutes but you can 'force' a change by clicking the 'Import and Update Events Now' link in the 'Google Calendar' tab directly underneath the 'Integration Mode' field

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @josh_eberly

I've reviewed your settings and they look fine.

You stated that

'The "test" connection works perfect.'

Could you please confirm if you mean that when you click the 'Test Connection' link you receive a success message at the top of the 'Google Calendar' tab or if you have checked you Google calendar and you receive a test appointment or Both?

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @josh_eberly

I've just had a thought and would appreciate if you could check the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then Select A+ Settings
    Then Select the 'General' tab
    Then check the setting of the 'Auto confirm' field

if it is set as 'No' then this means if you make an appointment it will be placed in the 'pending appointment' tab and will not be visible in your Google Calendar until the appointment has been confirmed.

Could you set the 'Auto confirm' field to 'Yes'
    Then Save

Then try making an appointment and check if it is visible in your Google Calendar.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @josh_eberly

I've been away for a few days.

Good news it worked when you set it to 'auto confirm'.

If you don't want 'auto confirm' set to 'yes' then could you try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ Settings
    Select 'General' tab
    Set 'Auto confirm' field back to 'No'
    Set 'Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required' field to 'Yes'
    Save settings

Then logout and try making an appointment
    This should then send a notification email to Admin to inform them that an appointment has been made and needs verifying.
    If you do then login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then Select A+ 'Appointments'
    Then select the 'pending' tab and you should find the appointment you have just made.
    Then check the appointment and if all okay then change the status to 'Confirmed' and this should move the appointment to the 'Active Appointments' and should then place the appointment in your Google calendar.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @josh_eberly - To confirm I experience the same problem

Hi @Vaughan

Any chance you could check as per my last post to confirm if you can replicate the problem.
    If you do could you please flag to @Vladislav for him to check?

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.