How long until page indexer feature is available

Hello,

I have read many topics on here about the features of the post indexer plugin. We were under the impression that it would index pages as well, but now can see that it does not.

The latest thread on the issue mentioned it being added as a feature request. Could I please have an update on the progress of this feature as I have an urgent business need for this feature.

Thanks in advance.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey shaun_molnar,

Welcome to the Community!

The Post Indexer was designed to index Posts (as its title says) so that all the posts of a Multisite network would be available in a single location for other plugins to use it.

Pages never came up as a need until recently when someone asked for it (like you pointed out).

We cannot give an ETA on feature requests, they are totally up to the developer to decide. I hope you understand.

I will ping the developer and make sure he knows that more and more folks (like you) are asking for it :wink:

Cheers!

• nickrosener
    • Flash Drive

Yes, this is needed, definitively… the plugin actually appears to be trying to do it, but I am only intermediate level, so maybe I am missing something. As a rule I don’t edit plugins for upgrade-ability… so I’d rather get a new plugin or a solution from the theme functions file.. I want Global Site Search widget to display products, posts, AND PAGES <– the last one I have been unable to..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.