How long will a pay per view customer be able to see the content?

Hello,

I have just installed the Pay per View plugin and wonder how long a paid customer (pay per view, not subscription) will be able to actually see the content?

How is the accessible duration controlled (e.g. via a cookie)?

In the optimal case a user should be able to see the post content for quite a while (e.g. 48 hours) and not only for one view.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Alex

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Alex,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your question, out of the box, you can either sell access and require the user to be logged in, then if they are logged in they will always have access, that could be a subscription for say 30 days.

Otherwise, it's cookie based, so you could say set it for 48hrs, but it's worth noting that as it's cookie based, of course if they delete that cookie, they will no longer have access to the content.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Alexander Hoffmann
    • New Recruit

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. Where can I change the cookie duration? What is the respective line of code I need to change?

Secondly, what happens if a user has a cookie blocker installed? Does the user just see an error message or what would happen?

Thanks for your effort.

Best regards,
    Alexnader

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Alexander Hoffmann,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

You can change the cookie duration in Pay Per View > Per Per view (which is settings, though it has the same menu name as the main menu item), scroll down and you'll see "Cookie validity time (hours)" change that to what you need and save.

Secondly, what happens if a user has a cookie blocker installed? Does the user just see an error message or what would happen?

If the user has a cookie blocker installed, they wouldn't be able to pay, or view the content, but this would be for nearly every site on the internet, as say if they tried to pay at PayPal, it will try and set a cookie which it can't, if they have cookies blocked, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.