How many emails can I send at a time?

I have an email list for 30,000 people and I'd like to send an invitation to my new site.

Can I send such a large number of emails at once?

And is Invite Plugin the right solution for that?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @icndream

I hope you are well today.

I believe that e-newsletter would be better for this https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/ as then you can add all the emails via a .csv file, the problem is your hosting most probably won't allow you to send that amount of emails at once, it would end up getting you put on a spam list.

You'd need to either manually limit or use WP_CRON

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• markcy

This is a similar topic as mine, so I'll just post my question here :slight_smile:

I haven't used e-newsletter yet, but I'd like to. I'm also worried about my web host not allowing me to send many emails at once, so what is a good solution for that? Would using gmail SMTP allow me to send as many emails at one time as I'd like? Or is there the same restriction with gmail?

I understand this is one reason why using a third-party service like MailChimp is helpful. So how do all the users of e-newsletter get away with sending huge batches of emails to their subscribers on their own hosting server?

If this is something I have to ask my host about, I can do that. But I'm hoping to hear from the staff and community here about how we can send high volume emails with this plugin on our own hosting and not get banned or put on a spam list.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @markcy

I hope you are well today,

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

We look forward to assisting you :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.