How members can unsubscribe from paid memberships?

Hi;

Is there any shortcode for “unsubscribe” or “cancel subscription”? How does a member unsubscribe from a paid membership?

Best regards

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Pål,

Member can cancel subscription of membership from their account page. On the top of that page there is list their subscription with link "Change"

When they click that they will have list of memberships – there will be buttons like "Cancel" or "renew" or "signup" depending on the status of subscription. From there they can cancel.

There is no shortcode for cancelling membership I'm afraid.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Pål
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kaisa;

Thanks for your quick reply, but the way you said doesn’t work. Membership 2 pro has too many bugs with no doubt. I never expect these kinds of plugins from wpmu :slight_frown:

Please take a look at my open ticket :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-membership-plugin-install-register-button-doesnt-work

Sajid doesn’t response anymore. Also there’re some other bugs. Sign up button in “account” page doesn’t work. Users can’t cancel their subscriptions. “Test Membership” do nothing.

Please use credentials I sent to Sajid and work on staging copy of the website.

I hope to hear from you soon.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Pål,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to know that you are having issues in your website. I have pinged Sajid, asking to give a look at your other thread, he’ll get back to you asap. Please do note that sending multiple responses to your thread, can bring your thread down the queue, and hence it would delay the response from a support staff, who follows the queue which is sorted by date.

Thanks for your quick reply, but the way you said doesn’t work.

I checked your website, regarding unsubscribing from a paid membership. I checked your pages assigned under Membership 2 > Settings > General, and it seems like you have implemented a pricing table, rather than the default shortcode in your Membership page ie /memberships page.

The membership page should only contain the following shortcode in order to get the unsubscribing option working:

[ms-membership-signup]

You’ll have to implement the current pricing table in your /memberships page into a different page, to make it work. I was getting a Divi builder time out when accesing your pages, so I wasn’t able to test by adding the above shortcode, please check, and confirm whether the above shortcode works.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look if needed. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Pål
    • Flash Drive

Hi Nithin

Thank you for your reply. I had that shortcode on my page before and exactly there, the sign up button didn’t work. So I changed it to what you can see now. I made some changes on .htaccess file and you can launch divi builder without any problem now.

Please feel free to make any changes on the staging copy.

Regards

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Pål,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have created a new page, and have changed your current /memberships page, to /membership-test page, under Membership 2 > Settings > General, and now I'm able to see the Cancel button.

Please check, and confirm whether it works fine. And please let me know if I had missed out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.