How others edit wiki?

Hello,

Admittedly I am an amateur plug in user. Please bear with me.

1. I have started developing a wiki, but one of my main goals is for others to be able to edit it. I don't see where that's possible / how I can adjust the settings to permit that. My wiki as it exists is here: http://criticalservicelearning.org/wiki/gsl-practice-research-wiki/

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Admittedly I am an amateur plug in user. Please bear with me.

I have all the patience in the world :slight_smile:

1. I have started developing a wiki, but one of my main goals is for others to be able to edit it. I don't see where that's possible / how I can adjust the settings to permit that. My wiki as it exists is here: http://criticalservicelearning.org/wiki/gsl-practice-research-wiki/

first question I would ask is, which version of the plugin you are using ? Are you using Wiki Lite or the full version ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

You should first take a backup of the site (Consider using our snapshot plugin to do that)

Remove lite version
    Install full version

Check if everything is fine. If it is, take another backup to ensure that you have a working copy.

Cheers, PC

• buildingbetterw
    • New Recruit

Thanks, that was helpful. Now these are the options I have for who can edit my site:

Allow editing by
    Anyone
    Network users
    Site users
    Users who can edit posts in this site

Who are "network users" and "site users"? I'm not sure what those categories mean, precisely.

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Anyone : Any visitor can edit the wiki
    Network users : The users who are registered on your WordPress multisite network.
    Site users : The users who are registered on the site on which you have installed wiki
    Users who can edit posts in this site : The ones who have the capability to edit posts on the site (eg, Editor role) can edit the wiki.

For example you have a site a.com on which you enabled multisite and created 2 sites

b.a.com and c.a.com and you are using wiki on c.a.com

Then network users would be the users registered on any site let it be a.com or b.a.com or c.a.com

Site users would be the users registered only on c.a.com

and The users who can edit posts on the site would be any users with a capability to edit posts on c.a.com

Was I clear enough ? or did I manage to confuse you ?

Please let me know and I will try to be clearer.

Cheers, PC

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven't heard back, I'm hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.