How restore a Snapshot from Google Drive

Hi. I had what appears to have been a bad plugin update recently that crashed my single site with the current theme and could not get into the admin. I went into CPANEL and installed another theme and can get into admin now. I want to restore a snapshot about 4 days old. (I should also note I just now updated to the brand new core version of Wordpress that would be different than the I want to restore. Not sure if this matters.) I downloaded the zip file backup from Google Drive to my computer. What now? Do I have to use FTP in some way? Is there an easier way to restore? Are there detailed instructions already documented somewhere about Snapshot restore? I've never restored a Wordpress site before. Many thanks.

• Ash

Hello @David Villanueva

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

As you have already downloaded the zip, using FTP upload to /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ folder.

Then go to Dashboard > Snapshot > Import > Keep the input field empty and click on import button, it will import the snapshot.

Then go to All Snapshots > Hover over the snapshot and click on restore :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.