How should my users payments be setup?

Hi!

I created an Etsy style website where people can register and create their own store on my website. I have Paypal Chained Payments setup, so I can collect a 3.5% fee on the sale price of my users' products.

My question is, how should my users be setting up their payments to collect money, so that I will still get my 3.5%? Should they also be selecting Paypal Chained Payments in their store settings, or does it not matter?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

David is spot on with the video. That is the best way ! (points coming)

If you are going to use PayPal chained payments, then you should only use Paypal chained payments and rest of the gateways should be disabled.

The video will clarify it for you :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Anthony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys!

I think I got it now. Just to clarify, I enable Paypal Chained Payments in my Marketpress Settings and Disable all other gateways, so when a new user sets up a store in the network, their store will default to Paypal Chained payments as well?

Also, is there a form they need to fill out with their account info so money goes to their PayPal account too? How does a user setup their side of the payments after I collect my commission?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

You are right the users will default to paypal once they open a store.

They would simply need to enter their paypal email address. You can test that by simply creating a test site on your network and compare options side by side :wink:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.