How to ABOUT - what do I miss here

Dear Team,
I am new to the new Theme concept- First of all let me say I LOVE IT .

My question:

I can see pages-About. However, this is never shown in my theme instead I see a wonderful page. If I delete the page-About. The wonderful page is also lost.

Where can I read about the concept.

Please point me in the right direction,
Lorenz

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorenz,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for the question.

Are you referring to seeing it when creating a new page? The About template, or the content on that about page? The About page is a pre-setup template in Spirit that you can replace the content with your own or you can just remove the elements and completely change it.

When creating a new page you will see the About page template as an option and it will give you that pre-setup content.

Here are some more tutorials on Upfront you may be interested in: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/upfront/

If I'm misunderstanding your question and this doesn't answer it then just let me know and I'll be more than happy to have another look

Glad you're liking the theme so far!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey G33kdamon,

Thanks for your reply. We are actually still working on support for CoursePress with Upfront. It will be integrated soon, I'm hoping we will have a Upfront specific CoursePress theme at some point too, which I think we will that may still be a little ways off though - further out than the integration anyway.

For now, if you are wanting to use CoursePress then the best option is to use our CoursePress specific theme(non-upfront) it comes packaged with CoursePress and will be in the themes list soon as you activate the plugin

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• g33kdam0n

What I have meant is for example.
    1) Is the way to chnage content for Spirit-Theme, over the wysiwig tool. Or do you create a page names About. However, I do not see the About-page content in my site.
    2) I use CoursePressPro with Spirit-Theme. How can I make the same pages I see when I use the Course-Press-Theme? Do I need to make all the pages/content new with shortcodes? If so, do you have the shortcodes handy for the pages you are using with the CoursePress-Theme.

Thanks a lot,
    Lorenz

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorenz,

Hope you're doing well today!

1) Is the way to chnage content for Spirit-Theme, over the wysiwig tool. Or do you create a page names About. However, I do not see the About-page content in my site.

The About page content from the default Spirit template is from the Upfront elements, so it's data won't be displayed on the backend in any normal page content area - it's still stored in the db though so you won't lose it on updates.

You can create a new About page and add anything you like to it using the Upfront elements. Only the content you place in the actual title and post body will also show on the backend too.

2) I use CoursePressPro with Spirit-Theme. How can I make the same pages I see when I use the Course-Press-Theme? Do I need to make all the pages/content new with shortcodes? If so, do you have the shortcodes handy for the pages you are using with the CoursePress-Theme.

Right now CoursePress pages don't work well with Spirit or any of the Upfront themes, we're still working on that - that is likely why you aren't seeing the content correctly.

With that said, the CoursePress theme has a unique design specifically for the plugin, so there are a lot of style elements you will only see in that theme. My advice for now, if you are basing your site on CoursePress would be to use the CoursePress theme You can always switch themes later on once we have added proper integration to Upfront for it.

Let me know if you still have any further questions here. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding at all.

All the best,
    Tyler