how to access backups

Hi,
How do I activate/use the 10GB of backup that wpmu dev provides us for site backups?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Corn,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The 10GB of cloud storage for backups is assigned to your Member Account and you don't need to activate it. However, it is to be used with Snapshot plugin and is integrated with it.

To make use of it please install our Snapshot plugin and go to "Snapshot -> Managed Backups" page, then follow on-screen instruction to get your API key and that will activate the backup. Then you can set backup schedule and these backups will be automatically performed (in background) on your site.

I hope that helps :slight_smile: If you have additional questions, let me know please and I'll be happy to answer them.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Corn!

The "Managed Backups" tool included in "Snaphot" - that's the one used for cloud backups - always create a full backup of your site. There's no "timeline" per se but each backup is marked with a precise date so you know which one is from which date/time. Therefore there are "restore points".

On "Snapshot -> Managed Backups" you see the list of these backups. If your site is up and running and but you wish to restore it to the state from one of these available backups, you can do this with a click of a button.

What's even better is that if your site gets down and you do not have access to it so you would need to restore it "from ground up" you can also do it very easy:

- go to The Hub (your WPMU DEV account)
    - go to "Backups" section
    - download two files: backup file for selected date and an installer file
    - create an empty database on your server, drop these files on the server where you want the site to be restored to and run installer.

You won't even have to download and install WordPress, install Snapshot plugin and import archives - installer will set all up for you giving you that exact site that was backed up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.