How to Act on Defender Login Failures

HI there. Defender is doing a great job of easily identifying a lot of attempted logins to my multisite using user names I didnt know were easily identified.
However, now I know, what is the best way of dealing with these attempts? is there a way to auto block the IPs after a number of failed attempts? looking at the locations they arent countries I do business with anyway.
Thanks

Luís

Hi Guy ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, there is no option in Defender to do that, it just identifies the login attempt failures and inform you about it. I think this would be a great feature for the Defender project, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Meantime, I can suggest you to use a plugin like Wordfence, it have that feature and can be used alongside with Defender:

https://www.wordfence.com/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís