How To Activate Custom Profiles In Blogs MU Theme?

Hello All,

Maybe I am being dense here, but what is the procedure to access the following features of the Blogs MU theme. It is active on WP 3.4.2 multisite. No Buddypress.

"The theme features a stack of extra new features such as allowing members to customize their own profile page by adding video, Flickr, profile headers, profile blog feeds and integrating their own social network feeds such as twitter, Facebook, MySpace among others."

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings SooBahkDo,

Thank you for the great question, it is certainly appreciated.

I do not think you are being dense at all, I cannot figure this out myself though I believe it would require require Buddy Press for the majority of these features.

However, I certainly do not know everything and on rare occassion miss the obvious too.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings SooBahkDo,

Thank you for the bump though it works against us (you and I) trying to get the lead developer in here because now this ticket no longer shows as aging.

The way the ticket system works is that it sees every reply as well ... a reply and moves it from the aging list marking it as recently answered and in effect delaying a reply.

I got it because occasionally I am in the back of the ticket system digging around.

Hopefully the new lead developer @EnzoMDD of the Blogs MU theme will be able to bring some clarification to these sales pitch claims you are having trouble getting to work.

I hope to see him in here sooner then later.

Sincerely, Joe

• EnzoMDD
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi SooBahkDo

You need the Buddypress plugin installed to use these features, they are extensions to the Buddypress plugin.

After installing and configuring Buddypress, go to 'Users' in the admin panel, and then click 'View BP' (appears when you mouse over usernames).

You should be able to use the features you mentioned from this screen.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings SooBahkDo and EnzoMDD,

@EnzoMDD these were my exact suspicions, I had hoped differently, did not want to stick my foot in my mouth in case it was some special built in feature I did not know about, and the fact that some of these features require Buddy Press to work should be disclosed in the sales pitch. Of course that is neither yours or my doing.

@SooBahkDo there we have it. Though this feature is truly available it requires Buddy Press to get it to work.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Phil D,

Thank you for your additional feedback which is certainly appreciated and spot on.

Though I am not normally involved with documentation, it is within my authority to make accurate modifications of documents I have have indeed made the appropriate adjustments therein.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.