How to add 1 Hour Subscription Plan on Membership Plugin

Hi Guys

I need to add 1 hour subscription plan to the membership plugin.

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance : )

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kaxa

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I'm afraid out of the box this isn't possible, this is due to payment providers that provide recurring payments require a valid time parameter which is defined in days, weeks, months or years unfortunately, depending on exactly what you wanted to achieve, you may consider looking at our Pay Per View plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kaxa
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jack

Thanks for a quick response.

I was thinking about using Pay Per View, but I found out that, they are not seamlessly integrated (these two plugins - membership and pay per view)

My content is hidden with the shortcode for the specific subscription level.
    If I add Pay Per View, I will need it to be visible only for non-logged in and Non Registered Members.

Subscription Level Members should NOT see the pay per view limit note, they should see the content directly. While Non Registered Members / Non Logged in members should see the note to register (for Membership Plugin), when I add pay per view, and lets say some visitor paid to view that content, after payment, he avoids the Pay Per View Limits, but he still sees the Limit Note / Notice from Membership plugin, that he needs to register etc...

Is there any way to make this plugins work seamlessly ?

Thank you!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kaxa

Thanks for the additional information, much appreciated, I don't believe this will work out of the box, But I'm going to discuss it with one of our lead developers and see what they say.

Please be advised that a response may take a bit longer than normal, while I await the developers response.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kaxa

Thanks for your patience, after checking, this should be possible within the code, but it's not going to work at the moment I'm afraid :slight_frown:

Membership can't handle hours, even if it did, it would have to be a finite subscription, and must be free, as no Payment gateway API will take an hour as a valid parameter in a recurring payments.

With the PayPer View issue with membership, can I have some URL's and admin logins to check this please? Please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I need to add 1 hour subscription plan to the membership plugin.

The plugin has a 6 hour grace period built in to allow people on single payment gateways time to renew their subscriptions, so a 1 hour subscription just wont be possible with the current plugin I'm afraid (it will automatically be 1 hour plus 6 hours grace period).

• Kaxa

Thanks for input Barry.

Jack - Thanks for response.
    I'll send all the links and needed info on Monday.

In the meanwhile, can you please clarify something.

Pay Per View blocks the content and once the payment is made, it unlocks it.

Theoretically, is it possible to add a code inside the plugin, so it will ALSO unlock predefined (subscription plan level) shortcodes from membership plugin?

If we can achieve this, then I guess I can make these two plugins work, even if it wont be a seamless integration.

Thanks again guys!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kaxa

Thanks for the additional information, look forwarding to receiving the info :slight_smile:

Interesting, membership does have functions for restricting code, checking if the user is signed in and on ex level, but I don't believe that would work, but what do you think @Barry :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kaxa

Hi Guys

Well, I still cant provide the access to the website as its still on localhost. But here is the situation.

I tried to think of all the logical solutions, this is what I figured out so far.

I Use the Membership plugin for different level of memberships. I use them only on posts and hide content with Membership Shortcode, for example [membership]content hidden[/membership]

Step 1) Some level of memberships will have access to see all content, some of them will have access to specific categories only. When they are not logged in or not registered, they see message from Membership plugin, that they need to register / subscribe to view the content, which is hidden behind that message, using the shortcode from Membership Plugin, till this everything works fine.

Step 2) I installed Pay Per View, I need all the website users (Who DONT have access to view content. non-logged in users, non registered users, even logged in users but on low membership level), to give possibility to view that specific post, without paying for Membership subscription.

Step 3) I add a pay per view block to posts, and this is what happens now. When non registered, or non logged in users pays to view the content, instead of message from Pay Per View Plugin (which gets disabled after payment), now he sees the block message from Membership PLugin, which wraps the post / content.

Help please : ))

• Kaxa

Question N2: Is it possible to Add Classes to HTML Body, according to the users subscription level?

For example, Subscription plan 1 user, when logged in will have body.subscription-1

Subscription Plan 2 user, when logged in will have body.subscription-2

Is something like this possible?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kaxa

I hope you are well today and sorry about the delay.

For example, Subscription plan 1 user, when logged in will have body.subscription-1

Subscription Plan 2 user, when logged in will have body.subscription-2

Is something like this possible?

I'm afraid this wouldn't be possible currently without editing the plugin to include these classes, though it would make a nice addition.

For the other issues with membership/pay per view, can you provide a example of the content your using on a pastebin, i.e an actual page from an admins point of view please so I can take a look :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.