How to add a Billing Address Form to Marketpress

Hi all, I was wondering what the best way was to add in a Billing Address form, in addition to the Shipping Address Form, into Marketpress. Our client requires both sets of information. We were considering making a modified duplicate of the Shipping address code, but figured it was best to ask you guys first :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks for all the help!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @sam,

What payment gateway are you using?

I believe gateways such as authorize.net allow the billing form during checkout.

Paypal express will allow you to change thebilling address on the paypal page.

for logged in users who are registered on your site, they can enter shipping/billing addresses on their profile page.

I’m not sure if there’s a way to enable this all the time, i think it does depend on the gateway. Let me just ask the developer for some clarification on this for you.

Hope this helps

• Sam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Vaughan!

We need this for manual orders – ones not sent in through paypal. We have no way of getting this info right now, which we need for billing :slight_smile: We don’t require users to make accounts, though that could be a possibility if that would allow us to have billing addresses.

Thanks again!

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @sam,

Hmm… the manual gateway is pretty basic. A developer could add the billing fields in relatively easily by extending our manual gateway, but that’s something that’s out of the scope of support we provide here in the forums.

We do have a job board where you can post custom work like this and other developers will get back to you. It might be worth checking out.

Thanks for being a member! :slight_smile:

• Sam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m happy editing the code. What I was hoping to get was some advice or thoughts on this seeing as you guys are the most familiar with your product. You guys have been very helpful in the past – @vaughan for example has been great.

Thanks!

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Gotcha! So what you’ll want to do is create a new payment gateway that extends the manual payments gateway. Once you do that you’ll want to add your billing fields to the payment_form() function and then in the process_payment_form() function do any validation/adding of the fields to the session. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.