How to add a marketpress product to a page/post please?

Hi All-
My site is tutuology.com. I run my site mostly from the membership plugin, but just recently added marketpress for "ocassional" product offerings. Meanwhile, I have always listed and sold my eBook on this site. I was using a simple paypal shopping cart plugin for that until marketpress caused conflict with that. Since adding marketpress, I haven't sold any books because the sales page cart for my book was conflicting apparently with marketpress cart. After adding the book to the cart on the book sales page, it would say "your cart is empty".....hmmm

so, I have done away with the simple paypal shopping cart plugin and am relying solely on marketpress to be able to push the book sales through....unfortunately, it is not.

I have created a "product" in my marketpress store called "The wish Source Book". I know that in order to get this product on my book sale page, I need to use a shortcode, correct? But what? I am doing something wrong because it is showing up on my book page as $0.00, while in my store, the price is correctly reflecting $59.95. Please help ASAP! I have been without book sales because of it.

Book Sales Page: http://tutuology.com/mom-to-mom-girly-girl-business-guide-ebook/
Book in Marketpress Store: http://tutuology.com/store/products/the-wish-source-book/

The book sales page is the most important page on my site! It is the number 1 conversion page. Right now, it's bringing in zilch. Please help me configure the shortcode properly so I can sell the book from the sales page. Many thanks!

• tutuology
    • The Bug Hunter

ok, until I have a fix for this, I have disabled marketpress :slight_frown: I really need it fixed though as I have products I must list. My book sales are my bread and butter so until I can get advice on how to list my marketpress products in posts/pages (namely, my book), I have to resort back to my shopping cart plugin.

I hope someone call tell me how to do this. I had listed my book in my marketpress store and thought I could put a shortcode on my book sales page. Please, I need a fix for this desperately.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

Many apologies on the delay here!

I've checked out your product page and it looks as if it's working fine, I even added it to the cart and it showed up wonderfully.

I'll mark resolved as it seems you have it sorted now, if not please re-open!

Best,

Kimberly

• tutuology
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Kimberly, yes it is working but it is so only because I have disabled marketpress and have reverted back to my old simple PayPal shopping cart plugin. I need the marketpress plugin so I can list products aside from my book, but since I cannot use both plugins simultaneously, I have to get marketpress working optimally and figure out how to get my book to show up not only in the marketpress store, but also on the book sales page. That is the big one.

My book sales page is the most important page on my site and while marketpress was active, the shortcode was not working properly. It was showing my book cost to be $0.00, but it should be $59.95. For whatever reason, it was appearing correctly in the store, but not so on the book page. I know the problem is in the shortcodes. I was looking for a staff member who really knows this plugin to be able to tell me what I am doing wrong. If I have your attention on this, I will reactivate marketpress so you can see what I mean.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tutuology,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.