How to add agents to support system plugin

I have 8 part time assistants that work with me but I cannot assign them tickets. What user rights do they need so I can assign them or they can self-assign themselves to a ticket? Is there an easy way without my playing with the code (and thus causing issues with future upgrades) to change how closed tickets appear. It would be nice to have options to show/not show closed tickets or set a drop date that after X number of days the closed tickets no longer display on the front end but could be accessed from the back. And while I'm asking how about an option to clear all closed tickets before a certain date? This system could get unwieldy if we get a couple tickets a day for a year.

Thanks!

Michael

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Michael,

I hope you're having a great day and thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, only admin users can be assigned tickets. There's a feature request to change it so hopefully in one of future releases it will be included.

That said, there's a workaround that you may want to try. You can find it in this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/support-system-lower-required-capabilities-for-admin#post-717432. Take a look at entire thread also.

It would be nice to have options to show/not show closed tickets or set a drop date that after X number of days the closed tickets no longer display on the front end but could be accessed from the back.

You can filter the tickets to show "all", "open" or "closed" only in the backend (see image). I can see however how it could be of help to sort them also on frontend. It's a great idea for a feature request so, that being said, could you please post it on our "Features and feedback" forum? Hopefully other members will also support it!

Let me know please if the solution for user roles worked for you.

Regards,
    Adam

• Joel
    • New Recruit

oh my god, only admins are able to be assigned to tickets??? If i try this workaround and then you update the plugin, would it overwrite the workaround? I think this is a mayor flaw.

I like the front end "new ticket screen", to able to upload multiple files, and the backend manager, but the front end listing of tickets really needs some work, i think it should be a grid like in the backend (but nicely style to match current theme).

thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Joel,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the delay here!

Unfortunately yes: the workaround mentioned in my previous post will break along with the plugin update. That's why it would be great if you could post an idea on our "Features and Feedback" forum so other members of our community would hopefully support it!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.