How to add an additional form to post area?

This is such a simple question, I’m embarrased to ask about it. I want to add a form field to the post area so that writers are prompted to add specific information which will appear at the end of a post. We report on environmental issues, so I want this part of the post to be a “Take Action” section with links and text describing what our readers can do to get invovled. I’ve ran across something called ‘custom post types’ and the descriptions for the plugins… I’m not real sure if this will do it. Also, if you have some plugins to suggest (which require zero code editing), I would be quite grateful. Thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @jdsullivan411

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid I am not aware of any plugin that does this job. But it can be done easily if you have a little coding knowledge.

Who are writers? Do you mean any visitors? Or is writers a role in your website? If they are not visitors but a role, you may need some extra condition to check.

You need to use single.php file in your theme to edit. At the end, you can insert a form. On submit of that form, you need to insert those data into post meta data.

And to show those data just get the meta data and show.

This is just theoretical suggestion. If you need any help with coding, please feel free to let us know.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.