How to add an Event to a Page?

Dear Support,

this is my first ticket in the trail time. I hope you can help.

I installed Event+ and created an Event: Java 8 Course

1) How can I show this Event under a Page with the name: News?
2) I don't want to have sidebar. I would like to have full width Event view.
3) Can I add a counter: for example: 35 days, 12 hours reminds to start Java 8 Course?

I am looking forward your answer!

Best regards

Laith

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Laith,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

1) How can I show this Event under a Page with the name: News?

Are are you looking to have separate page where only that even will be shown or you want to list your events in News page?
    Depending on this there are couple of things you can do.

#1 - If you want to show only one event you can add this shortcode to your News page:
    [eab_single id="X"]
    Where X is ID of your event.

#2 - To show all events on News page you can either go to Events > Settings panel and there you can change Events slug to News, or you can go with the shortcode way again by using this shortcode that displays event archive:
    [eab_archive]

2) I don't want to have sidebar. I would like to have full width Event view.

You are referring to single event here, is that correct?
    Event page depends on the theme you're using, some themes have option to choose between sidebar position and fullwidth while in others that don't there will be some coding required.
    Can you tell us which theme you're using?

3) Can I add a counter: for example: 35 days, 12 hours reminds to start Java 8 Course?

If you go to Events > Settings > Add-ons panel you can enable "Event Countdown" add-on and after that you can add timer to your page with this shortcode:
    [event_countdown id="X"]

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag