How to add AutoBlog to Existing high quality content site?

Hi there!

Autoblog looks great for starting a brand new Curated Content site.

But I would like to install it on an existing high quality content site - to add curated content to this existing and already ranked site.

This site has hundreds++ of articles already, unique content that was created for this site.

My question is - how can Autoblog be installed on an existing site like this, and keep the new imported posts separate from the existing site posts?

I'm concerned about the newly imported posts overlapping all my existing posts in the WordPress post listing - both in WP admin and on the site itself... somehow they need to be kept separate.

For example, you may want to delete groups of imported posts and re-import... no problem, easy to do. But the last thing you want is to have to look at each post in the WordPress Admin post listing and try to figure out if it's your own unique content of an imported "curated" post, and risk accidentally deleting high quality, ranked, original content already published on your site. :slight_smile:

Along those same lines, would it be possible for Autoblog to use a different post type, i.e. "curated_post"? Just a thought... That way it would not interfere with standard WordPress posts on the site.

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello @Jennifer

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

One way is to use a new category for imported posts. So, if you want to delete just filter the posts for that category and delete.

long those same lines, would it be possible for Autoblog to use a different post type, i.e. "curated_post"? Just a thought... That way it would not interfere with standard WordPress posts on the site.

Yes, another way is to use a custom post type for imported posts. When you add a feed just select the post type for that feed :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.