How to add code for a post to the sidebar

I have downloaded the shortcodes generator which is awesome. I have added it to the wigitize pages sidebar. Named the tabs, how do I get the posts to show up in the tabbed areas? and where do I put that code. I know the post would be given a category.

• Roberta
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am trying to make a multi tab multi post for the front of our school page. I have downloaded the shortcodes widget, made a widgetized page, put the shortcode for the tabs into the whortcode widget for the widgetized page. I just don't know how to get the posts to show up in their respective spots. Essentially I have three tabs, new announcements and calendar. I would like to categorize the posts to show up under the respective heading. The tabs would be layered

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Roberta,

I'm sorry for the delay here. I still don't have any real information here. What plugin are you using to do this? Or do the shortcodes come from your theme? I know we don't have any plugins or a theme that has tab shortcodes like you're describing, so I'm trying to get a reference for how you're actually doing this.

It might be that your theme isn't able to create the layout you see in the picture with the shortcodes it offers.

It could also be that you need custom CSS to get your site to look more like the picture. Is there a page on your site where you're working on this and I can take a look? Maybe we can do it with a little CSS.

Best regards,

• Roberta
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

So here is what I did
    I created a wigetized page/with sidebars
    In the sidebar (in the widget section) I put the ultimate shortcode widget for 3 tabs box
    I can get the box to show up with the titles. The only thing that I cannot figure out is how to get the posts that I want to show up under their respective headings. Here is the code that I am using.
    [su_tabs active="1"][su_tab title="Announcements"]content 1[/su_tab]
    [su_tab title="Midv"]Content 2[/su_tab]
    [su_tab title="Calendar"]Content 3[/su_tab]
    [su_tab title="Family & School"]Content 3[/su_tab]
    [su_tab title="Athletics"]Content 3[/su_tab][/su_tabs]

Content 1,2 3, is where I cannot figure out how to get the content in. I do have the box with the tabs and headings. Just can't figure how to get the posts to know where to go.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Roberta,

Where do the shortcodes come from? Those aren't built into WordPress, so it would be good to know what's adding them. What plugin? Or your theme?

As mentioned before, if you posted a link to this page on your site I could take a better look.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.