How to add custom Dashboard Widgets to standard WordPress site?

Hi there, great plugin thanks.

Have removed the WP Dashboard Widgets and want to add a custom one (as looks empty for logged in subscribers) see screen shot but can't see how to do this?

It's just a standard WordPress install so I can't use 'Custom Dashboard Widget'.

If this can't currently be done with the "Ultimate Branding" plugin, could you make this a feature request please.

Cheers, Ian

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

The Ultimate Branding plugin doesn’t currently have the capability to add custom dashboard widgets to the WordPress dashboard. That is a fantastic idea though, I shall flag this for the developer to consider for a future update.

In the meantime, give the Custom Dashboard Widget plugin a try. It is easily and highly customizable and should accomplish what you’re looking for.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Ian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for your suggestion Brian, however as I mentioned above the 'Custom Dashboard Widget' plugin requires Multisite but my install is just a standard WordPress site.

As you said it would be a fantastic idea having this feature in 'The Ultimate Branding' plugin so hopefully it can be added soon :slight_smile:

Please let the developer know as it seems crazy you can hide Dashboard Widgets but can't add any custom ones to replace these empty spaces :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ian

• Ian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Brilliant, thank you Brian.

Sorry, I thought that was a WPMU plugin as they have the exact plugin name so didn’t click the link.

It works perfectly thank you so using that for now.

It only allows one widget which is fine for now, but having this covered in The Ultimate Branding plugin would be good as it’s one less plugin to have installed and maintained.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.