How to add extra fields to front end of account settings?

Hello!

I added Cimy Extra User Fields plugin so that users can add more info to their registration. I would like for it to be as simple as going into their account information and adding it there. Is this possible?

• Jude

Howdy @Laurie

This is not possible out of the box, I think your best bet here might be BuddyPress, even if you don't use a lot of the available social networking features.

The only feature you need, aside from the core BP functions, is the extended profile fields, which will add extra fields to the sign-up form, to the user profile in the admin area, the buddypress front end profile, and the Membership account page.

Cheers
    Jude

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Laurie,

I just checked M2 with Cimy custom fields and the field is visible on the profile page in the backend, however adding it to the front end will be more complicated and would require custom development to make it work.

You would need to check the code for Cimy plugin and then use API available within M2 to connect these two.
    You can find API documentation for M2 by going to Membership 2 > Help > API Docs in your admin section.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.