how to add featured image in post content meta box

Hi,

I have created a custom post type and want to know how do I add the featured image to show in the post content meta box

thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi VivaArturo,

Did you use our plugin CustomPress to create this custom post type? If yes:
    1) Go to Dashboard,
    2) Go to Content Types,
    3) On first tab where you have Custom Post choose to edit your post type where you need to have featured image,
    4) There will be box "Supports" - there you have to check "Thumbnail" and save.
    This way you will have featured image metabox in your new custom post type.

Please let me know if this is helpful for you,

kind regards,
    Kasia

• VivaArturo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thanks I have used this and the image doe snot show. I would then assume the theme does not support post thumb nails. How can I check to see if the theme uses post thumb nails.
    I am using the ultimatum theme framework

thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi VivaArturo,

There are two possibilities for feature image not showing:
    1) Meta box could be hidden in Screen Options - at the top of the editor screen of the custom post there is Screen Option, where you can hide/show boxes on the screen.
    2) Theme don't support thumbnails (you assume correctly) - to do that, in functions.php file there should be this add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); so this is what you should look for in your theme.
    It is possible, that in theme this look like this add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post' ) ); - and only posts are having thumbnails.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.