How to add MemberShip Plugin's Subscription

How can I edit the subscription in Membership plugin, I have tried, but nothing happened. Thanks.

• Kalu Wu
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When I go the the membership menu, subscription, and try to edit the subscription or even create new subscription. After I done with the edition and creation, nothing is happened to the subscription page, it remain the same.

Also, why I cannot access to certain pages when I turn the membership plugin on. (I have checked that the membership limitation level, which I have put all the usages to the member level that I have, I put all the pages, but the pages option in the level does not show "about" and "contact":wink: Followings are the pictures.

• David Payne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm having the same problem. I'm unable to create any subscription plans. I have the same screen as illustrated above where there seems to be an endless number of subscription plans without any names. I even tried a "select all" and "delete." Nothing happens. When going through the process explained on the installation instructions to add a new subscription plan, nothing is created.

• David Payne

I did not find any tables strictly labeled "wp_subscriptions."

These were all the tables I found with the word subscription in it:

wp_1_subscriptions
    wp_1_subscriptions_levels
    wp_1_subscription_transaction
    wp_2_subscriptions
    wp_3_subscriptions
    wp_4_subscriptions
    wp_6_subscriptions
    wp_7_subscriptions
    wp_8_subscriptions
    wp_17_subscriptions
    wp_17_subscriptions_levels
    wp_17_subscription_transaction (identical to wp_1_subscription_transaction)
    wp_25_subscriptions
    wp_25_subscriptions_levels
    wp_25_subscription_transaction

I will provide you two images: the first shows what I see with wp_1_subscriptions (included in this are even emails of registrants I deleted as an admin some time ago), the second shows what I see with wp_1_subscription_levels. Of note, the respective labels for both the 17 and 25 sets look nothing like these tables. The various other numbers that are flying solo (without accompanying "_levels" and "_transaction" generally have a list of a few email addresses, almost as if these are tables generated for users who have access to blog on various network blogs.

• David Payne

Sorry about that, it appears it was too large. I will send wp_1_subscriptions.jpg again. This time the file is smaller. I also wanted to tell you that the last post illustrates the three separate times I tried to create a subscription with an initial 2 month free period followed by a serial 30 day for $11 monthly. Of course, this never showed up on the list however. Here's the image:

• David Payne

@Barry First of all, I want to express my sincere appreciation for your continued efforts. I've been developing this site for several months now and it has come a long way. I can't tell you how excited I am about all of the possibilities, so thank you!

Several of these are WPMU plugins and some are not:

easy blogging
    blog templates
    mailchimp
    custom anti spam
    google analytics
    global site tags
    simple ads
    subscribe by email
    bp group calendar
    bp group email
    bp group management
    bp group documents
    external group blogs
    fixed social buttons
    invite anyone
    quick page/post redirect
    w3 total cache
    addthis social bookmarking

• David Payne

@Barry OK I think we're getting somewhere. I just eliminated the "subscribe-by-email.php" file and when I came back and investigated the membership stuff everything I had generated (options, shortcodes, etc.) had been wiped out. Additionally, sections within have changed. When I go to the "Edit Members" section it only shows two members in the community (see picture #1) and when I go to the "Edit Subscriptions" section it now shows two blank subscriptions (see picture #2). So it appears there's a conflict between the Membership plugin and the Subscribe by Email plugin.

• David Payne

@Barry - Something rather bizarre!...

I just checked the back end of my site again and went in to the membership plugin options. Now everything has reverted back to the way it was. This is despite not having reloaded the "subscribe-by-email.php" file. I am exceptionally naive when it comes to a bunch of this stuff. I have no idea why it would appear as reflected in the images I sent you earlier one moment and then a few hours later when going back it appears differently. Just thought you should know. I was thinking that I should be able to work with the membership plugin as long as the subscribe by email plugin wasn't in the system but I still can't. So I guess what I'm saying is now I don't know if it truly is a conflict between these two plugins! Do you have any thoughts? Have you actually cross-referenced the table names?

• David Payne

@Barry - Something rather bizarre!...

I just checked the back end of my site again and went in to the membership plugin options. Now everything has reverted back to the way it was. This is despite not having reloaded the "subscribe-by-email.php" file. I am exceptionally naive when it comes to a bunch of this stuff. I have no idea why it would appear as reflected in the images I sent you earlier one moment and then a few hours later when going back it appears differently. Just thought you should know. I was thinking that I should be able to work with the membership plugin as long as the subscribe by email plugin wasn't in the system but I still can't. So I guess what I'm saying is now I don't know if it truly is a conflict between these two plugins! Do you have any thoughts? Have you actually cross-referenced the table names?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

Could you post your question to a new thread? The issues discussed here are pretty specific to these installs. If you're having a similar issue provide us with some details of what's happening or start a new thread so we can help you directly!

Thanks!

Oh, and welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.