how to add menus to gridmarket

How do you add a side menu to the gridmarket template. Under menu it states that the template only supports one menu but on the preview of this template there is one horizontle menu on top and a verticle menu on the side. I also noticed that there is no product link on my word press where before when I was using woo plugin and there was.

What I'm trying to do is add different catagories of products to my webpage and add the right products to the right catagories. I don't see anywhere to add products or catagories. Please help

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jordan

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The menu on the left hand side in the demo is a category widget for MarketPress, which you can find and add within appearance > widgets

The menu item for MarketPress by default is store, so you could go to WordPress admin > appearance > menus add a custom menu and add a custom link of yourdomain.com/store and then have the Label as Store

To add products, go to WordPress admin/dashboard > products > add new.
    And for categories, it would be WordPress admin/dashboard > categories > add new :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jordan

I went to my dashboard and couldn't find any link for products or catagories. Do I need to install a shopping cart plug in like eshop or WP e-commerce in order to add products or does WPMUdev cover all that? I originally purchased WPMdev so I could build my e-commerce site more easily without much hasle and confusion. If I do need to install a shopping cart of some sort could you give me some of the better choices to use since there are many to choose from?

Basically on my site I just want my homepage to include some featured products and have a menu that gives all the different catagories for the products I'm going to sell like for example:

personal alarms
    stun guns
    pepper sprays
    dome cameras

Then when a customer clicks on a catagory they will be taken to a page where all the products in that catagory are displayed.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jordan

I hope you are well today and I apologize about the extreme delay with my reply here.

You will need to install a e-commerce plugin, but we cover that aswell :slight_smile:

With our MarkertPress plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/ then you can show products and also add products categories, take payments online using a variety of payment processors, such as PayPal.

It includes a sidebar widget which can be added in Appearance > widgets and then use the included products categories widget to show a list of your product categories, that when clicked links to your products added in that category.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.