How to add new members with Membership plugin ?

I have installed membership plugin and want to test the pages.
I am the admin and when I logo out I cannot access the protected pages which is great.

I want to ad myself as a member so I can see the result. No payment is required as this site is for a client who wants to protect content form non members but is not charging.

There is no membership registration function in the dashboard. How do I add myself, or for that matter new embers who fill out the contact form?

thanks,
MMwebmarketer

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey MMwebmarketer.

Not sure if you read the manual or not, but I guess not. We have a 60 page manual right here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/installation/

If you are manually creating members then thats a WordPress thing:

Admin --> Users --> Add New

You then assign them subscriptions through the Membership plugin:

Admin --> Membership --> All Members

In there you can then assign members to a subscription whom registered on that site (have an account there).

If you wish to check the signup process then go through the registration page. You create that under options.

Admin --> Membership --> Options.

New members should not have to fill out a contact form to register, unless of course that is how you are handling registrations?

If you have any further questions then please let me know.

Take care.

• MMwebmarketer
    • Flash Drive

Back again.

Everything with respect to adding a new user is clear now.
    With this plugin, it seems you have to open up new options as you go along. A little confusing because you need to add a new user manually as a subscriber and then alter their level. At least it works.

However, and this is a common topic- my images have disappeared in the member level view.

New question, I keep seeing the term "masked download URL" settings with reference to resolving this but I have no clue what this means or where correct this setting..

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

With this plugin, it seems you have to open up new options as you go along. A little confusing because you need to add a new user manually as a subscriber and then alter their level. At least it works.

How do you mean?

When the user signs up you don't manually do anything. Its only if you want to manually create their account that it requires more steps.

I see you found the Masked Download URL.

If you need anything else then please just let us know.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.