How to add shortcode in Upfront?

Hello,

I would like to add a directory shortcode via a widget in upfront, but when I select the text widget I get the error message:

"Oops something has gone wrong with rendering the widget"

"we haven't been able to find any fields for the selected widget".

As part of the issue, I don't know how to add my shortcode to a widget in Appearance > Widget.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nikita,

Hope you're doing well today!

Did you try adding the widget from the front-end editor? You will want to go to the Upfront editor and then you will see the "Widgets" element on the left sidebar, drag that over to wherever you want the shortcode to display and select "text" widget.

Upfront allows you to do all the design work on the frontend and with the way it handles widgets, you can place them anywhere so you don't need to set them from the backend.

I've attached a screenshot of how I added it, I used the directory categories shortcode as an example, which shortcode are you having trouble with?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. This tutorial discusses the Upfront elements, so it may be helpful if you're not already familiar with them: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-elements/

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nikita,

I just tested in Chrome on my computer(macbook) and the text widget is still showing up fine for me there as well. I'm willing to bet this is probably due to a browser extension/add-on you might have installed. Can you try deactivating them all temporarily to see if that resolves the problem? If you have any.

If it's still happening even with all your browser extensions disabled just let us know :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.