how to add SSL for all pages in network?

hi, i would like to secure all pages in network with SSL certificate. What certificate should i buy and how can i apply it to the server?

beside security benefits, will i get an improvement in SEO?

thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Adam!

What type of certificate you get will depend on how your network is set up. If you’re using sub-domains in your network, you’ll need a wildcard SSL certificate which will protect *.yourprimarysite.com, with the asterisk representing a wildcard, so any value can be plugged in there and still be protected.

If you have multiple domains in your network, it gets a little trickier, you may require a multi-domain SSL certificate, which can get a lot more expensive.

GoDaddy, while not my favorite host, is a great place to buy SSL certs. They have the best prices, and the company isn’t going anywhere, so you’re not dealing with a flash-in-the-pan company.

SSL may not improve your SEO, but it won’t hurt it, and the benefits to both you and the users whose information you want to protect are more than worth the small hassle of purchasing and setting it up.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.