How to address the appointment table ?

I wrote an add-on plugin for A+ which generates invoices.
The add-on made use of $appointments->app_table to get the name of the appointment table in the DB and construct a SQL query.
Everything worked well till last update of A+.
Now $appointments->app_table returns an empty string and the query doesn't work any more.
Can you help me in solving the problems ?
Can I still use $appointments->app_table ?
Thanks for yor help
Kind regards

Antonio

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Antonio , I trust you are doing well today!

I am afraid I am not a PHP expert so I have flagged this thread for our second level support so they could provide you a feedback regarding appointments strings.

Please note our developer's response is slower compared to support's staff response time.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Antonio ,

Got the file, thanks!

I see there are some options that should be existing on activation, unfortunately I don't know what these options should contain:

invoice_prog_num
    invoice_prefixes
    invoice_suffixes
    invoice_pdf_path
    invoice_date_format

I see you are also deleting these options after you retrieve their value upon activation

Could you please provide info of what they should contain?

Thanks!
    Panos

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Panos,

sorry for ma late answer. If you activate the plugin you will see a new "invoice" setup panel for the above options.
    - the invoice_prog_number is automatically calculated by the plugin and stores the last invoice number in the current year.
    - invoice_prefix and invoice_suffix are two strings used to create the invoice ID which is the prefix + the number + the postfix
    - invoice_pdf_path is the relativa path where to save the pdf files
    - invoide_date_format tells the plugin weather to use the standard wordpress date format or a specific one.
    Hope this help
    Antonio

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Sure, see the screenshot taken from my invoice setup panel.
    I also activated support access. You can check the setup panel working at firenze.adventurerooms.it
    As you can see looking at the "invoices" menu, I also solved the problem changing the code and inserting the name of the appointment table. But I'm still interested in knowing why $appointments->app_table is no more working
    Regards

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey Antonio,

I can't recall how it was set in previous version as I have updated A+ in all my testing installations. I can downgrade if we can't find any solution.

In current version I see that you can get that table like :
    $app_table = appointments_get_table( 'appointments' );

Please let me know if this was of any help :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Antonio,

I hope you are having a great day so far.

I have noticed that it has been a long time since we heard from you. I would like to know if you have managed to get your addon working again based on the suggestion made by Panos to get the table name.

I will be delighted to know that you have managed to get it working, but if you still need help, we will be happy to assist you in any way possible. So, if you still need help let us know by replying to this thread. Please also include a fresh link to a fresh copy of your addon as you did before, the link you posted earlier did not work for me so sending another one will help.

Once we confirm your need for help we will do further investigation and find out how we can help you rewrite your module to work as it did before.

Please enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.