How to allow a Contributor/Author to post to a Page listed on my main menu

Hello, what is the best way to allow a client to update content posts like blog posts so that for example I could put a "News" menu link on my sites main menu and on viewing that all the content is what the client has posted?

So lets say I setup a Category "News" then I make the clients account either Author or Contributor I'm not sure which would be best so they can create posts like news updates or press releases and they show up on the "page" listed on my menu?

Hope thats clear enough. Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings jsegal,

There are many ways to handle this and you may want to set your default role instead from subscriber to one of the others you have mentioned.

You will also want to check to make sure the roles have the abilities that you want minus those you do not want.

To help manage the user roles I suggest the User Role Editor plugin which controls what they have permission to do or not do.

In addition as I mentioned above you will want to control the default user role in which I have attached a file that will help you do just that.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.