How to allow users to subscribe to 2 different type of posts

Hello, I wonder how can I do using Subscribe by email to have 2 (or more) subscription types or options. So users can subscribe to new posts and also to a new Job posted, but they can choose to do it one or the other (or both). I don't care to use 2 different submissions forms, but I don't know how to do it.

thanks!!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mauro,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Subscribe by Email" plugin doesn't currently support "groups" or "lists" so all subscriptions go into a single common list. It does support custom post types in a way that you can select on "Subscriptions -> Settings" page whether you wish to include certain post types in a digest that's sent to subscribers or not.

If you wish to let them subscribe separately to to one kind of posts and separately to other one you could use some 3rd-party solution that provides "rss to e-mail" subscription and then assign generic WP feeds of these post types/categories to those subscriptions.

A nice workaround though may be to use our Hustle plugin with MailChimp. With Hustle you can create multiple subscription forms (aka "Opt-ins") and integrate them with MailChimp, including selecting MailChimp list.

You can then set those subscription forms to be displayed only for relevant post. Hustle doesn't let you set display "by custom post type" but I think with a combination of available options/conditions (categories, tags etc) and ways to show forms (shortcode, widgets etc) it should be doable.

if you then assigned different opt-ins to different MailChimp lists you could use MailChimps "Rss to Email" feature so MailChimp would automatically send your posts/jobs to these lists:

https://mailchimp.com/features/rss-to-email/

I think it's worth giving a try though it would be best to set that up first on a staging site and in case you came across any issues, we would assist you.

You'll find Hustle here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.