How to apply Branding "Global Footer Content" ONLY to sub-sites (not to the main top-level

Hi there!
I'd like to apply the Ultimate Branding "Global Footer Content" ONLY to sub-sites (not to the main top-level blog). How can I do that?
To clarify, this would be like the Branding -> "Footer Content" page had a checkbox under "Global Footer Content" that said "don't apply this to top level site".
The reason for this: the top-level site is usually the sales/marketing site, so it's different from the sub-sites (i.e. the network of customer blogs), and might need different JS calls, etc. i.e. edublogs.org would likely have different header/footer calls than the customer blogs in the network.
Thanks!

• Vaughan

hiya

currently this isn't possible, however it is a good feature to add so i will add this to the feature requests.

in the meantime, you might be able to do this with a little custom coding.

open up ultimate-branding-files/modules/global-footer-content.php

find this function.

function global_footer_content_output() {
    		$global_footer_content = ub_get_option('global_footer_content');
    		if ( $global_footer_content == 'empty' ) {
    			$global_footer_content = '';
    		}
    		if ( !empty( $global_footer_content ) ) {
    			echo stripslashes( $global_footer_content );
    		}
    	}

replace with

function global_footer_content_output() {
    		$global_footer_content = ub_get_option('global_footer_content');
    		if ( $global_footer_content == 'empty' || is_main_site()) {
    			$global_footer_content = '';
    		}
    		if ( !empty( $global_footer_content ) ) {
    			echo stripslashes( $global_footer_content );
    		}
    	}

hope this helps.

• Jennifer

Hey Vaughan! Thanks for the super fast reply, will try that and confirm.

Very glad to hear you're adding this to the feature requests list. :slight_smile:

Thinking it through further, I'm wondering which is more useful....
    1.) adding a checkbox below "global footer content" textarea for "apply only to network blogs, not top level site"...
    2.) or just adding a 2nd textarea to Global Footer Content... and making 1 be "ONLY for network blogs" and the other be "ONLY for the top level blog"

I think #2 may provide more flexibility and more function as well... that way could set script calls for the main blog AND for network blogs in same place.

Thanks!

• Jennifer

Great, thank so much Vaughan.

Could you please request they also add a matching text entry box for content in the <head> section of network blogs.

We use StudioPress themes, and one of the things I love about them is their theme setting section with 2 text boxes: to be added before </head> and to be added before </body> - See screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/2L6eXPQW0

Just want to add that this Global Footer feature is very useful, especially if you have a network of hundreds of blogs. This way it's very easy to add or remove code to show on all of them without worrying about updating code and re-uploading some plugin which is far more error-prone and risky with a large blog network.

It would be extremely useful to see the same functionality for the header section. :slight_smile:

Thanks!