How to assign moderator to specific session.

Hello.

Could you please let me know or guide me how we can assign moderator to specific session.
I want to assign moderator to specific session not from selecting any particular role, Right now we can assign moderator by selecting any role (Role users can moderator). I just wan to assign specific user to specific chat session.

Could you please guide us how we can archive this.

Thanks,

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Peter,

Thank you for confirmation about the chat plugin.

Currently, the "moderator" function can only be assigned on "per role" base so it's not possible to make any current chat user a moderator "on the fly" during the chat. It sounds like a great idea though, so I moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and if more members of our community will vote for it, our developers may put it on "to do" list in future.

As for now, this "workaround" might work for you:

- use a plugin such as e.g. User Role Editor to clone some default WP user role - such as e.g. "Subscriber" and give that role some easily recognizable name (e.g. "livemoderator"; notice please that I didn't suggest "moderator" name on purpose, in order to avoid confusions)

- in the chat settings tick this new role on the "moderator roles" list ("Moderator Roles - Select which roles are moderators" option)

- whenever you wish to make any specific user a moderator, go to "Users" page in your site's backend, edit that selected user and change his/her role to that new one; once the chat is over and you want to remove the "moderator" role from them, head back to their profile and switch their role back to original one.

I tested it on my end and it seems to work fine. However, there are two potential "drawbacks" that are worth remembering of:

1) if you change the user role during an active chat session, it might be necessary for that user to reload the page for changes to take effect;

2) you also need to make sure that this new user role is also checked/ticked in the "Login options - Authenticate methods users can use" section of "Authentication" tab in chat settings.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Peter,

I'm afraid that we don't have any info about this at this time, when future requests are submitted and the reviewed it depends on the complexity of the issue and how popular the request is.

Since adding something like this isn't a quick task and would require some time to develop it, we need to see first if the addition is a popular one amongst users. so the more votes we see in this thread the more of a possibility of this feature being added.

As we can't give you any info at this moment about if and when this could be included you may want to seek for a developer help on our Jobs board:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.