How to assign staff in Support System to categories

I’ve searched and can’t seem to figure out how to solve this simple problem. I have staff I want to setup to handle support tickets in a category. But the person is not in the list of users to select from.

Does the user have to be a super admin or how do I set them up to be able to assign a category.

I also can’t figure out how to assign a super admin as in the user profile the checkbox won’t allow me to save.

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Tony,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Does the user have to be a super admin or how do I set them up to be able to assign a category.

Yes the user have to be a super admin to appear in the drop down to assign to.

I also can't figure out how to assign a super admin as in the user profile the checkbox won't allow me to save.

I don't find any checkbox in the user profile field but i can assign user to category as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please share the screenshot of it?

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Tony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I will say I’m actually surprised that I have to give my staff superadmin status to handle tickets. If I could make one request it would be this is not required and they would be able to handle tickets assigned to them without superadmin status.

• Nick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m bumping this to second that it is absolutely asinine that I must assign my users as Super Admin to allow them to manage support tickets. That makes absolutely no sense. This plugin needs to be updated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.