How to avoid the many "name of friend" comment

Hi Guys!

When the plugin imports comments from Facebook a lot of them are just names because people are tagging friends on FB Page. Is there a way to avoid that and have only real comments being imported (or shown)? Maybe a minimum amount of characters or something like that?

Thank you.

• Milan

Hello @Wagner,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

At this moment this isn't quite possible without custom coding. So you may need to hire developer or post your requirement to some job portal where developer can solve this for you. You can use our job portal to post your requirement,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/new-job/

And if you plan to do custom coding on your own here is what I think possible in context of my knowledge. :slight_smile: Hello @Wagner,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

At this moment this isn't quite possible without custom coding. So you may need to hire developer or post your requirement to some job portal where developer can solve this for you. You can use our job portal to post your requirement,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/new-job/

And if you plan to do custom coding on your own here is what I think possible in context of my knowledge. :slight_smile:

#1) Ultimate Facebook uses /lib/class_wdfb_comments_importer.php file's code to import and process each imported facebook comment.

#2) As you can see in function process_comments from line 29 to 53 there is foreach loop used to filter imported comments and if comments is not found then loop insert one as standard wordpress comment.

#3) As Ultimate Facebook in the end inserting comment as standard one you have a opportunity to filter inserted comment through wordpress hook wp_insert_comment

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

#1) Ultimate Facebook uses /lib/class_wdfb_comments_importer.php file's code to import and process each imported facebook comment.

#2) As you can see in function process_comments from line 29 to 53 there is foreach loop used to filter imported comments and if comments is not found then loop insert one as standard wordpress comment.

#3) As ultimate facebook in the end inserting comment as standard one you have a opportunity to filter inserted comment through wordpress hook wp_insert_comment

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.