how to better help subsites admins to setup the plugin

Hi,

I network activated the Google Analytics + plugin on my network and I have several subsite admins asking why their stats remain flat on the dashboard widget even when they have visitors.
So it seems not to be obvious for them that this dashboard widget will begin to show result only if they do setup the plugin.

Would it be possible for coming release to add a notification (+ link to setup page) on the dashboard widget for the sites that have not yet setup the plugin ?

And meanwhile, what kind of hack would you advice for me to add this automatic warning on the dashboard widget ?

thanks for the help.

• Boyington

thank you for having taken my request into account, and thanks for the hack advice.

Before the feature is released, I think I would prefer making my own plugin adding the warning + link within the Google analytics dashboard widget.

Is there some hook I could work with to add some text there ?

Further more, what could be the conditional tag I could use to check within my plugin whether the Google Analytics plugin is already setup or not ?

thanks

• Maniu

Hey @Boyington

The problem is that they should be able to see the stats if you are using network wide code and configured correct profile id for reports in network admin panel.

The ability to login and choose profile is additional to give full control per site and sometimes enable reports in uncommon scenarios but reports are supposed to be able to work only with correct network wide settings

So i would like to first take a look at this issue and try to fix it. For that i would need to access admin panel of your site.

You can just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path.

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Alternatively you can send me admin login details by sending an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: Mariusz Misiek".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your admin credentials (username + password)

Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.