How to calculate the specific data size of any individual multi-site page?

Hi.

I am going to sound a bit vague on this, but my wish is to undertake a costing exercise, centered around the average data size of any, and all, pages on my multi-site install sites?

So I desire a quantitative calculation method that tells me how big, or small any single page is!

A bit like when a backup copy is made and the size of the download is declared!

Is this data available in the Wordpress core somewhere?

Any guidance would be appreciated (I don't have a mathematical head!!!)

Regards

johnv

• Ash

Hello @john

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

There is no page size in fact. The data of the pages are stored in the database. When a page is viewed the data comes from the database, organized and shown in the page.

A bit like when a backup copy is made and the size of the download is declared!

When a backup copy is created for a subsites, it includes the plugins and themes. So if you have 5plugins and 5 themes, and if you have 10 subsites, then when you create backup of each 10 subsites, the all 5plugins and 5themes will be included in all 10 subsites. So you won't get correct size here as well.

But it's possible to get the uploaded file size. For each site you can calculate the total size of uploaded files. It still needs a fair amount of custom code though.

Also, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.