How to cancel recurring Paypal subscription in Membership plugin

A member having a membership subscription via PayPal Standard Gateway, get this
https://static.livechatinc.com/8801096/P85MY5VT9U/d32f841c6aa67cd3828497380d2ab6ee/Capture.PNG
if he tried to cancel his subscription.
It'll not cancel by clicking on unsubscribe button, but it'll only redirect to PayPal site.
Please confirm, if this is the default webflow and if this can be done via his WP account page directly.

• Jordan
    • Volunteer Pizza Eater

Hello,

While I'm not sure if it's different for Membership 2 Pro, when I owned a business my clients had to cancel the subscriptions via their PayPal account, not just through the website.

See an example of how to unsubscribe here - they also have the same problem where they cannot cancel the subscription themselves. Thus, it's important that you have this in your ToS to ensure if there are payments made from an auto-subscription you are covered for any challenges, should it be for a cancelled service; it is the responsibility of the client.

As for the technical issues with the plugin itself I'm sure a staff member will respond in due time.

Hope this cleared that process up.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jing,

Please confirm, if this is the default webflow and if this can be done via his WP account page directly.

Yes, that is current default flow of cancelling PayPal subscription. User is redirected to PayPal site and after login they will need to cancel (Unsubscribe) directly from PayPal.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.