how to change appointment admin page

Where file is the appointments - appointments admin page kept in the appointments.php editor?

I would like to remove some of the fields.
If there is not a simple way to do it that way. Is there a way to add a custom css?

It doesn't look like I can do it with FireBug to create a css rule.

i have granted access for http://www.massagetx.com/dem - it is a demo site

• Mattbkelly

I would like to remove:
    Phone
    Address
    City
    End

Also, is there a way to save what save what gets typed in the Note field base on what is typed in email? Lets say jen@coolemail.com is a regular client and I want to store some info about her and add to it as needed. Is there a way to do that in Note or add an new field that will save data based on the entered email? Or another plug in that will sync with this admin appointments page?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Matt,

Sorry about my delay on this. So we can remove the first 4 fields there using CSS without needing to edit any core code:

.inline-edit-col-left .inline-edit-col > label:nth-child(5), .inline-edit-col-left .inline-edit-col > label:nth-child(6), .inline-edit-col-left .inline-edit-col > label:nth-child(7) {
      display: none;
    }

.inline-edit-col-center .inline-edit-col > label:nth-child(5) {
      display: none;
    }

Try that :slight_smile:

Also, is there a way to save what save what gets typed in the Note field base on what is typed in email? Lets say jen@coolemail.com is a regular client and I want to store some info about her and add to it as needed. Is there a way to do that in Note or add an new field that will save data based on the entered email? Or another plug in that will sync with this admin appointments page?

This would require custom development. I did find this plugin here that you may be interested in: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-notes/ - it wouldn't integrate with Appointments+ out of the box though, that would be something you could hire a developer to do if needed. As I'm sure you're already aware, we do have a jobs board for stuff like that too: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope that helps! Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Matt,

Sorry for not getting back to you on this sooner.

The code for those fields you can find in appointments.php around line 12991. Search for this line "inline-edit-col-left" - that should bring you to the start of the form fields and you will see the comments to indicate each field. If you remove the code between the comments then that will remove the fields.

Be sure to make a copy of the original just in-case.

As for the child theme idea, unfortunately that won't work as you can't place plugin files in a child theme :slight_frown:

Hope that helps! Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.