How to change "Appointments" to "Lessons" in Buddypress?

Hello! I need to change just one word. I tried using the Ultimate Branding plugin to effect a text change, but it just created a recurring redirect. In the Buddypress profile menu, "Appointments" will appear so a user can change/edit their own appointments. I want to change this to "Lessons". This is the only place that needs to be changed, since I've customized all emails and such. Is there a safe way to do this that won't cause conflicts? I have a lot of plugins. Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Emerald, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Once thing you can do here, is take the language file that's located in appointments/languages (it'll be called appointments.pot), download that, and open it in a program like this:

http://poedit.net/

Once you download that, you'll be wanting to open the .pot file you downloaded earlier, and note the entries that you're wanting to change. Do not add the wording changes to the "Source Text" section, add them as translations.

After going to Catalog -> Properties & making sure that the language is set to English (United States) there, you'll want to go File -> Save As..., and save the file as appointments-en_US.po. Please note, a file with a .mo extension will be saved as well.

Once you've done this, upload both appointments-en_US.po & appointments-en_US.mo to wp-content/languages/plugins.

And now you should be good to go! Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.