How to change default registration type from Subscriber to Editor

I am using this plugin and also using the Directory plug in. I want users to come to my site and publish in the directory. Users now can register using Facebook but they cannot use the directory until their status is changed from Subscriber to Editor. I have to do this manually.

Is there a way that people who subscribe to my site can do so as editors?
Please help

The site is here

http://directorio.pulsohispano.com/sample-page/

• Han
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi, please try this. Go to WP admin, "Settings > General" and change "New User Default Role" to "Editor". And use "New Blog Templates" plugin if you want to copy this setting to all sub sites. Let us know how it goes ^_^

• alexandegn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Riyaku, thanks for the idea. However, I do not have the options you mentioned.
    I also found out that the right role should be Member of Directory.

I am still looking for the way for new registrants to be Member of Directory as Default.

HOw can I accomplish this?

• alexandegn

Also: I loged in as a different user and I can see other peoples listings, and can delete and edit them. I dont think this is supposed to happen.
    How can I get the Directory to work properly to:

1. Allow people to register using facebook
    2. Automatically assigning them the role of Member of Directory
    3. Not allowing all users the ability to edit other people's listings
    4. I do not see the add new category if the user wants to add a new category

Help please?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

For setting a default user role I always have used this plugin:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-default-user-role/

However, I just noticed it's not saying it's been updated for 3.2+ You'll want to test it out first.

If it works, just set it to the Directory Member - Paid status to get what you want. The default role of 'editor' will allow folks to see and edit other listings. That's not quite what you want. @riyaku was on the right track. Fortunately Directory allows you to get what you're looking for through it's own default roles.

Also, make sure you're running the latest 2.0 beta of Directory from our forums here.

Thanks!

• alexandegn

James:

I downloaded the plug in you suggested at
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-default-user-role/

Althouth it says the plug in is not yet 3.2+ it does seem to work

The problem is though that I does not help me. Wanna know why?

I would like the default to be "Directory Member"

However the only options I have are: Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber.

So, I am of the opinion that this plug in is inadequate.
    How do you expect it to work :"right of the box" if first: No one can register automatically as a Directory Member when registering through UFacebook. What is the point If I have to go and manually change registrants role. That is so tedious.

Has your development team put some thought into the usability of the plug in? How

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya alexdesign,

Yes, it's safe to install the Beta version. We have an importer to convert old data to the new version of the plugin.

You're right about the user default plugin then, it doesn't appear to recognize custom user roles so it won't be able to assist here.

How do you expect it to work :"right of the box" if first: No one can register automatically as a Directory Member when registering through UFacebook.

The problem is that you have 2 plugins (Directory and Ultimate Facebook) trying to control user registration. Neither of these plugins were developed with this intended setup. We could, however, consider this as a feature request. Feel free to post that up. If enough members are wanting it, we'll put it near the top of the list.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.